Norton and shut down with XP Pro

MIKE 19:41 22 May 2004

I have just upgraded my daughters laptop by loading XP Pro over ME. Every thing seemed to go OK untill I loaded Norton System Works 2003,the problem is XP would not close down. I know there are various area's where XP does not always close, is Norton one of these situations. I could not uninstall Norton as half way through uninstaling Norton just stoped the only way I could see around the problem was to format the C: drive. Is this a common problem or was I just unlucky. Help please!!!!

sicknote 19:52 22 May 2004

Is this any help click here

MIKE 09:54 23 May 2004

Many thanks sicknote for your advice, I don't think this was the problem I had. Symantec's web site seemed to dwell on windows startup, where as mine was on shut down. But all the same thanks.

the pie eater 10:20 23 May 2004

Mike if you find an answer please post it as i have the same problem just cant get rid of norton antivirus on my laptop

MIKE 11:46 23 May 2004

HI the pie eater, as of yet I cannot find a simple answer for removing Norton. On the instalation disc there is an uninstall programme but it does not always seem to work. I have looked on the Norton web site for various ways to manualy uninstaling Norton. They all seem somw what conviluting. In my case I just reformated the hardrive as the was nothing of importance on it that I could not replace. You could do a backup of all your important data and reformat and reload windows I suppose, but any way good luck. Needless to say I did not load Norton again. If I do find a better way I will let you know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone