Norton Security

highside 08:58 19 Mar 2014

Am I missing something? I have had Norton for years and renew on time online. This year the renewal menu (Norton 360, 3 devices) wants £49 but if I search the net I find uk.norton an official site sells it for £29? Does that mean I could ignore the renewal messages and buy the cheaper one with a new code number?

Thanks for looking.

compumac 09:41 19 Mar 2014

Standard practice Renewal is more expensive than replacement.

wee eddie 09:44 19 Mar 2014

The answer to your question is yes. Your current version will not be cutting edge anyway as, although you have the latest definitions, the engine that runs it is quite elderly.

Buy on-line and save it in Programs. No need to purchase a Disk but save a copy of the Purchase Conformation Page, the one with the Password on it. Do not install immediately. Go to Norton's Web Site and download and save the Uninstaller.

Now > Take the Computer off-line > Run the Uninstaller > Run the Norton AV File > Go back on-line and update it > Job done.

spuds 10:01 19 Mar 2014

Its a bit like purchasing car or house insurance, something that might be regarded as essential, but cheaper if you shop around, or convert to something as well known and perhaps just as reliable?.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:43 19 Mar 2014

I find participating in PCA's Norton beta tests represents the most cost effective solution :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?