Norton removal tool

birdface 12:42 06 Oct 2006

Hi. Have had [symantec]Norton Security 2005 on my computer.Although I erased it last year, There were still some parts that i could not get rid of,So ran Norton removal tool,But could not get it to run properly, Now every time I start the computer a box appears with, XML Helper Clasid_DomDocument 40 was not able to load Correctly, Tried Start search, Found and erased what was downloaded,and tried again, But no luck,Any help welcome,

VoG II 12:49 06 Oct 2006

Try msconfig click here

Disable anything Norton/Symantec.

birdface 13:04 06 Oct 2006

Ok, Tried that,In services I Unticked symantec, As it was running, Or listening cant remember what one, Have to restart my computer, will let you know the outcome,If that stops it running,If I downloaded the removal tool would that get rid of it completely

birdface 13:28 06 Oct 2006

Ok Vog , Tried that,It was Symantec Core Lc ,I stopped it running but still get the popup box when starting computer.

birdface 14:23 06 Oct 2006

Hi Vog,Stopped Symantec running, Downloaded removal tool and ran it, Went into Start. Search.And deleted everything with Symantec, And Norton,And deleted the lot,I have now got rid of Symantec from my computer, But still get the pop up box when I switch computer on,Any idea's on how to get rid of that.

birdface 10:03 07 Oct 2006

Hi Problem solved ,Thanks for your help,Turned out to be an NTL problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?