Norton removal

MIKE. 14:02 18 Jun 2009

My neighbour is using xp home running Norton 360 and wants to remove Norton. If I set up a restore point then removed Norton with the Norton removal tool,would the restore put Norton back if required.

Clapton is God 14:24 18 Jun 2009

"would the restore put Norton back if required"

Probably not without some glitches.

And, in any event, why does your friend want/need to use paid for security?

There's more than enough free security software available.

MIKE. 14:30 18 Jun 2009

Hi Clapton is God thanks for your help. I have been trying to get my neighbour off Norton for some time(for free anti virus software)there's none so queer as folk he does not want to listen.

Dave.S 16:28 18 Jun 2009

The problem with 'FREE' security sofware is that it will never be as good as bought for security. I can never understand what people have against Norton, I have been using it for years and have never had a problem with it or any security issues, and no i do not work for them. At the end of the day, bought for security updates with the latest threats and if you do online banking or buying then just run Free software at your own risk. If Free software is so good then why do these software makers try to sell "PRO" versions?
That said FREE software is better than none at all !!

T I M B O 16:31 18 Jun 2009

Do you just use Nortons and nothing else to protect ur computer whilst doing internet banking ??

Dave.S 16:53 18 Jun 2009

No, i also use 'spybot' and 'adaware' and yes they are free but you can NEVER be too carefull !

T I M B O 17:00 18 Jun 2009

May i recommend Malwarebytes to you also >>click here

And altho this is free software which you can also pay for,but i think you will be very supprized at the results. If you have time, be sure to watch this, it's quite an eye opener >> click here

Enjoy !!

Dave.S 17:28 18 Jun 2009

Thanks for that !

Glad to say full scan = 0 items

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017