Norton problems

Condom 18:08 15 Jul 2007

Has anyone had problems installing the new free add on offered via the Symantec Club Newsletter. I can't download it or install. Spent two hours in Norton Technical Chat which was useless and 3 promised phone calls have not materialised.

sunny staines 19:34 15 Jul 2007

what was the free add on?

norton support phone calls are not too good as the standard of english is poor. go back to the chat room again.

Condom 20:21 15 Jul 2007

Well a phone call could not be any worse than the lousy service I got from the technical chat line. From initially being told it was a spam e-mail we ended up suggesting I remove everything and start again. I'm not sure exactly what they are offering but the following is part of the e-mail but the click here doesn't download and install it for you but tells you it cannot find the programs installed.

As a current subscriber to Norton Internet Security™ 2006, Norton Antivirus 2006 and Norton 360 with a valid subscription, you’re entitled to download our latest product features at no additional cost.
The update center begins by automatically identifying the Norton programs installed on your computer.You will then be given access to the available compatibility updates so you can download and install them.

To find out more and to download your complimentary update that you are entitled to get, please click here.

sunny staines 20:47 15 Jul 2007

I recently had a run in with norton over two programs that clashed took about three weeks to sort out. be persistent keep going back to the chat room till you get an answer, when you get your follow up email after each chat session asking if you were satisfied make sure you hit reply and re state your problems asking for a manager to reply back.

Condom 20:53 15 Jul 2007

I have done this already and I have a stack of e-mails from them. I don't see the point of chatting anymore as I have to start at the beginning everytime and the technicians don't seem to chat to each other. Giving an id number also seems to be a waste. I think a letter of complaint to Symantec HQ in Dublin will be my next move as I'm fed up waiting in for calls which never come.

rotormota 13:24 30 Aug 2007

I have the same issue but it must be a marketing thing from Symantec because my subscription is due soon:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?