Norton Pop-up uninstall

avesnes 16:32 09 Jan 2007

I have just purchased a new machine from PC World and it came with the option to install Norton for 30 days for free. On starting the machine, a pop-up appears reminding me that the machine is unprotected (at the moment it is not connected to the internet) and would I like to install Norton. Having read on this forum and another that some people have found that their machines have slowed down with Norton, I am inclined to use AVG, Zone Alarm and a few anti-malware programs. I would appreciate members' views as to the best way to remove the pop-up. Thanks in advance.

Jimmy14 16:37 09 Jan 2007

You can get rid of the notifications in the taskbar by right clicking it and clicking show norton status in system tray. It doesn't slow my laptop down at all.

if its the latest ('07) version i would stick with it, i found avg and za to slow my system down more with less security, no spyware and a lot more to update.
norton works for me because it has always protected me, and its totally hands off, didnt like the 06 version as much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?