Norton Personal Firewall

dawsonc 10:22 27 Nov 2005

I am having problems in that every time I start my machine the Firewall is disabled. This is despite having the "Start Norton Personal Firewall At system start up " check box ticked. Every time I go back to it, the Manual box is checked and subsequently Norton did not start itself up. Any ideas on how I can rectify this ?

kalstras 11:59 27 Nov 2005

try unistalling and reinstalling norton, that usually does the trick

dawsonc 18:48 27 Nov 2005

Thanks for your help. It seems to have worked.

dawsonc 15:48 29 Nov 2005

Well it seemed to work for a day, and now, when I reboot, once again, the Firewall has been disabled. Any other ideas ?

Klof Ron 16:25 29 Nov 2005

This is advice I usually cringe at when I see requests for advice with Norton Products, because I know you want advice regarding that product but you may be well served by considering other products such as AVG, Kerrio and others. I stuck with Norton through thick and thin, for 8 years, updating each year, and after suffering all the trials and tribulations such as the one you are experiencing now, and in the end I admitted defeat and purchased AVG Pro with Integrated Firewall, an all in one solution that works seamlessly. You can also get a freeware version, the decision to purchase was mine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires