norton or zonealarm

malgall 21:19 12 Oct 2006

at present i have norton 2005 november my updates need to be renew happy with norton internet security 2005 but have ben a few problems all minor but i am thinking norton 2007
or change to zonealarm 6.5 with the better
spyware and less of a system hog anyone no any
sites for reviews

johnnyrocker 00:13 13 Oct 2006

norton is antivirus zone alarm is a firewall which do you want to choose?

johnny.

Totally-braindead 00:24 13 Oct 2006

I'm kind of with johnnyrocker here. Zone Alarm will not protect you from viruses its a firewall not an anti virus program.
Or are we picking you up wrong?

Belatucadrus 00:31 13 Oct 2006

click here PCPro review last year rated the ZoneAlarm security suite as their lab winner. I'm not a Norton fan so I'd say ZoneAlarm if you absolutely have to buy a suite.

Totally-braindead 00:33 13 Oct 2006

Thank you for that Belatucadrus I stand corrected.

Koochy 00:34 13 Oct 2006

If you want get rid of Norton you will have to install an equivalent i.e an anti virus AND a fire wall AND anti spyware. I use AVG free anti virus. click here Zone alarm free firewall click here and AVG anti spyware free (used to be Ewido) click here and i get very few problems the most i ever get is a few tracking cookies and all 3 work very well together in my opinion but other people may say different.

Koochy

theDarkness 01:11 13 Oct 2006

yep the zonealarm suite is easy to configure overall and has very good anti-virus software, but I have found the firewall not to be anywhere near as stable on some xp systems, even shutting down completely whilst online, claiming to have truevector problems! :( not a joke. and I have proof!:
click here
click here

It's true that not everyone has had the problem, yet despite the fact that zonealarm had said that the issue was resolved through updates, they are still occassionally reported. It has happened to the computer I use around 4 times. Not good at all if you ever wish to leave your system unattended I guess. If they can truly fix the problem then it would be a good package however.

Robbiecollie 10:15 13 Oct 2006

Having tried most versions of norton internet security over the years I downloaded from u.s.site the 2007 trial version and I think that this is the best one yet from norton so I have just purchased a three user version form amazon so if you can find two other users of the same mind this is a good deal at £62.00.Have tried all the free versions but still come back to norton but to be only fair 2006 version was rubbish.

anskyber 10:19 13 Oct 2006

I have the Security Suite that Belatucadrus mentions. I have found it to be excellent and it has been light on my system unlike Norton which I had before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?