Norton liveupdate error 1840

sunny staines 17:33 20 Jun 2007

liveupdate is always busy cannot access it, [using norton intelligent updater to manual update to keep protected] error LU1840.

At first thought it was spybot beta but i have now unistalled all antispyware programs for now, used norton removal tool, done a clean boot and reinstall of norton security2007 a couple of times no luck been on norton support chat followed varioud directions with no result which always end in telling me to do a clean reinstall.

go through google search no much there that I had not already tried, Any readers had this or got any ideas please.

I do not want to change to another security firewall/AV at this stage. because when its working it does a good job just when there is a glitch it gets frustrating to say the least.

a chance for forum readers to beat symantec support with a solution.

Lettervanman 20:28 20 Jun 2007

Have you tried this latest updater? I had a problem with updater and this cured it.

click here

sunny staines 20:58 20 Jun 2007

letterman

thanks for the reply, the chat support when took contol of my pc ran this option cleared the lu1840 error but produced another fault where the downloads freeze on part install and the task mananger has to used to close liveupdate.
I just tried your option again with the same result. So back to LU1840 error.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?