NORTON LIVE UPDATE PROBS THIS MORNING?

rotormota 09:27 30 Dec 2005

I have had a Norton live update this morning & now Outlook Express will not send/receive unless the Norton Firewall is turned off. In addition the Norton IS configuration window is freezing up/not responding & will not close down. The only way out is to restart.

Anyone else?

regards,
J

sunny staines 10:20 30 Dec 2005

I had the norton update, just tested my email outlook 2002 is working ok. sorry dont use outlook express.

dewskit 10:40 30 Dec 2005

Just updated and no problems here - although ever since I did an update a few days ago A2 has warned of possible backdoor behaviour by CCAPP.EXE (Part of the Norton IS) on start up- anyone else experienced this?

rotormota 11:25 30 Dec 2005

Cheers folks. Seems to be back to normal after a number of restarts.

sunny staines 14:42 30 Dec 2005

never had A2 report anything norton or CCAPP.EXE.
although CCAP.EXE has crash outlook in the past.

sunny staines 12:38 01 Jan 2006

I have downloaded the security update and now have the same problem.
click here

this thread has the same problem but none of the options worked for me

Dr. Charles(retired now) 14:17 01 Jan 2006

If you look on yesterday's postings, you will see that I had this problem with others. It's all to do with that update.

I decided to uninstall Norton Internet Security 2005 intending to reinstall it, but found that there were still bits of the programme left on my computer -- -- -- -- you cannot reinstall Norton Internet Security 2005 whilst there are still part of the programme on your hard disk. I tried everything even going through the search facility to get rid of all the stuff with Norton on.

There is only one way to get it off your computer, and that is a special tool that Norton have on the Internet and you download it. I ran the tool and would you believe it took off my copy of Ghost 9 as well. Norton has never run well on my computer because I use voice recognition systems as well. I've replaced it with AVG professional which includes a firewall also. It's weird how some of us just don't get on with some of the products which we are told are market leaders for no apparent reason.
Best,
Charles :)

sunny staines 14:19 01 Jan 2006

hopefully norton will issue a patch to fix. just ran liveupdate none so far

Dr. Charles(retired now) 14:20 01 Jan 2006

I think you're an optimist
Best,
Charles :)

playmofire 14:25 01 Jan 2006

I ran Liveupdate today and can no longer send or receive emails with Thundebird. In addition, there are some sites (notably my ISP email) I cannot access with Firefox.

I am increasingly hacked off with Norton and won't be buying it again.

It is possibly an interesting comment on their view of their own product that their contact us options do not include email!

Presumably I sit and wait for Norton to come up with am answer to their latest problem; so far restarts haven't made any difference.

rotormota 19:03 03 Jan 2006

Any ideas why Norton Firewall is preventing me updating Microsoft Antispyware & Ewido Security Suite? With NF turned off I am able to update.

Regards,
J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?