Norton live update not updating!

Elvenator 15:58 03 Apr 2005

I can't get norton antivirus to update, even though I have gone through live update several times, and tried to do it manually from the instructions on the Symantech website, it still says my virus definitions are out of date!
It says Systam Status: Urgent Attention
Why is this happening? Help please!

mpez 08:09 08 Apr 2005

Hi I had the same problem too a couple of months ago, virus definitions would not update, tried to get help from Norton site but to no avail in the end just left it for a couple of days when i came back on it had done it all itself but now i have another problem, my auto protect keeps disabling itself so i have to do it manually, this has also happened before and it has corrected itself but i am seriously considering changing to another AV programme. By the way i have NAV 2002. Hope you get sorted.
Mpez

anchor 08:45 08 Apr 2005

Have you tried updating from here:

click here

Elvenator 21:54 15 Apr 2005

Hi Guys,

sorry it's taken ages but just wanted to say thank you to you for all your suggestions and advice. it really is much apprectiated.
I have uninstalled Norton and now have Avast running as my antivirus soft ware. I hopr this is adequate!!
It has a found a trojan virus though = win32:trojan-gen
Is this really bad??

Thanks (o:

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?