Norton Live update

Roland Butter 22:34 16 Jun 2003

Just installed Norton anti virus 2003. I have enabled automatically run live update and apply updates without interupting but when I manually attempt to run update it shows a Start / Cancel option for update - on 2002 it just started and ran. Does this mean it will not automatically run? I seam to remember that I had an option for Express operation, but have no way of recalling this now. I have tried unistalling, but Norton remebers me (clever chap!) Any ideas?

Bodi 22:47 16 Jun 2003

Norton Internet Security four days ago, you made me wonder if I would have the same problem. I have just clicked on the globe icon in the Sys Tray and then on live update and everything worked fine. The update came through with no problem.

Hope this helps,

Bodi

if you use live update manually you will have to press the button to start, as you have it running automatically it will be doing its thing in the background while you surf without any imput from you. you can set it to check for updates automatically then ask your permission to download them that way you know its working.
but as i say if you run it manually then you have to click the button to start the download.

Bodi 22:50 16 Jun 2003

I too had the same experience with the Express operation which insisted on running despite not being connected to the internet. Magically though, it seems to have worked - don't know how.

Bodi

Roland Butter 18:47 17 Jun 2003

Thanks Bodi & Horiz5.
Don't know if I explained myself too well.
It's the pausing at a Start / Cancel button I didn't get before that bugs me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?