Norton live update.......

topdraw 19:46 06 Jul 2004

Please can anybody tell me if they are also having a problem getting live virus definition updates from Norton. I cannot even get into symantecs web site and when I try a live update it tells me it cannot find catalog file.

Thanks in advance

sattman 19:49 06 Jul 2004

I just tried and got in no problem, No updates for me but it updtaed automatically at 10.30 am today.

THE TERMINATOR 19:51 06 Jul 2004

I have just done a live update, but my Norton products are up-to-date....TT

topdraw 19:52 06 Jul 2004

Thanks sattman,

I really am at a loss on this one.

topdraw 19:53 06 Jul 2004

Thanks TT

rickimalone 19:57 06 Jul 2004

Mine is running fine, have had problems before with it but all that was needed was up-dating to the newest version of live up-date from the symantec web-site.

If you go down this route make sure you uninstall the old one first, also if you re-install norton product, not un-install it, and choose repair option it will re-install current version if it's already upto date.

A suggestion is go to the help website and use the auto checker that will check your product and identify any problems if that comes up no good try a manual search on there problem data base.

If after all that fails email me with the feedback from the above and i'll try and assist you, ive been using norton for 4 years and have learnt quite a bit.

Good luck.

topdraw 20:00 06 Jul 2004

Many thanks rickimalone, I'll give it a try.

sattman 20:06 06 Jul 2004

Topdraw

I am not sure but I seem to recall that you can go to symantec site and get update from thier.

I had to do this once after I renewed my subscription and it would not work.

worth a try

sattman 20:09 06 Jul 2004

Try this

click here

end 20:10 06 Jul 2004

mine"s "doing its own thing" and gave me my " darlek" when I logged on ....

topdraw 06:55 07 Jul 2004

Thanks everyone,

for the life of me my browser cannot get into any symantec web site, any ideas.

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?