norton licence

lapnutty 16:06 28 Sep 2006

hi

I have a question

I have a pc which has norton intertnet security on it 2006. Last week i bought a laptop with basic norton on it lasting 90 days.

can i load my norton internet security on 2 pc's or do i have the fork out a shed of money for a cd's!

thanks

Jackcoms 16:38 28 Sep 2006

"do i have the fork out a shed of money for a cd's"

You don't have to fork out a "shed of money" (or any money) for any security programs.

Use click here for AV and click here for anti-malware.

Problem solved.

Totally-braindead 16:41 28 Sep 2006

Technically speaking the rule is 1 PC and one licence. I would think that if you loaded it on it would not allow you to update as it would detect it was installed on 2 machines. It might work but even if it did you would definatly be breaking the agreement. Having said that I really dislike Norton and theres a lot of free stuff you could use instead.

powertron 16:41 28 Sep 2006

I agree, I use Avast, and I find it one of the best AV's I have used in a while, and it's free:)
If you look hard enough, you don't have to pay for any cleaning software, there are a LOT of Free versions out there, and they work incredibly well.

sunny staines 19:09 28 Sep 2006

i saw a recent advert that the new 2007 versions come with three licences as standard.

yaesu 20:02 28 Sep 2006

Hi, here click here gives system requirements etc and here click here more details. It appears to include a licence for 1 PC. Personnaly, at £40 I'd opt for Avast and Outpost. Regards, yaesu

Ive 20:06 28 Sep 2006

I installed it on 3 pc's no prob and all work fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?