Norton Internet Security Installation advice

highside 16:42 19 Mar 2013

Am I going wrong somewhere? I have had Norton Internet Security for years, this year my automatic subscription they tell me is £51. Whats the point when it is being sold on the net by all sorts of people for half that? If I buy from an independent or auction site is there a catch and can I remove or write over my present installed copy with the new one? Thanks for advice.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:48 19 Mar 2013

Yes that's a rip off

you could even buy it cheaper from PC world :0) and uninsta;; old version using the uninstall tool from the site and reinstall the new

sunnystaines 16:48 19 Mar 2013

i always shop around each year wh smith doing a good deal i think it was around £24 but PCW and novatec worth a look too they often do similar deals.

highside 15:41 20 Mar 2013

Thats interesting but how would it affect my present account with Norton especially as it would be the same email address. Doesnt look easy to remove a Norton account (ie the associated account not the program itself)

iscanut 16:19 20 Mar 2013

Use the Norton uninstall software to remove current version and then buy a new version at half the price ! Do not choose automatic renewal !

highside 07:40 08 Apr 2013

Thanks to all, sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?