Norton Internet Security 2007 - where is antispam?

jeano 02:54 12 Aug 2007

I've used various versions of Norton over th years and have recently installed NIS 2007. Took some time to get used to the new interface and couldn't find a few things to start with.

Today I set up Outlook Express with my POP3 email account details and then I couldn't find the Norton Antispam settings. Has this facility been removed from 2007? I've checked the Semantec web site and it is not clear. The technical help reveals this statement about NIS firewalls - "Norton Internet Security additionally provides ...
Antispam protection to filter unwanted email messages in any POP3-compliant email program by adding a “spam” tag in the Subject field"

OK so where is it? Anyone help?

Probabilitydrive 08:11 12 Aug 2007

NIS 2007 requires an extra add-on pack to get the anti spam features. Download it from click here

sxhy 08:56 12 Aug 2007

NIS 2007 good

jeano 12:29 14 Aug 2007

Thanks Probability drive - download worked fine.

Why not include it on the disk though?

bald eagle1 09:24 14 Oct 2007

Thanks chaps, just had the same problem and this post solved it. How crap it isn't part of the package!

it's free and if you don't need it, because maybe your mail client uses it's own antispam you don't have to instal it. remember many use just an av and firewall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?