Norton Internet Security 2007 clashes

Costa30 16:50 16 Oct 2006

On loading the upgrade to 2007 I was prompted that there was a clash with PC Tools Spyware Doctor and Skybot.
I installed anyway and for now Spyware Doctor and NIS 2007 seem to cohabit OK I have not wiped Skybot either.
Now that NIS declares as antispyware should I still subscribe to Spyware Dr?
Emailed PC tools for a response - totally useless

Lettervanman 16:59 16 Oct 2006

It told me to get rid of Spybot and Defender!
I ignored it!
Most folk on here will tell you to dump Norton anyway.

Jimmy14 17:12 16 Oct 2006

I noticed this also in a trial of 2007 and beta version. You would be better doing what it says to avoid further mishaps and if you emailed Symantec or some other body they would probably say why do you need other programs if you have Norton.

anskyber 17:24 16 Oct 2006

I think that Spyware Doctor is a real time/full time anti virus not just a scanner for occasional use. If that is the case you are running a serious risk of a sysyem crash. Only one should be used at a time.

birdface 22:43 16 Oct 2006

Don,t Think spyware Doctor is an anti- virus program,Don't see why both cant run at the same time, I use AVG Anti-virus, And use Spyware Doctor as a back up.Sometime's you might get a little bit of conflict between them, But it is normally fixed with the next download,Just leave Spyware Doctor Switched off, And just run it once or twice a week,Thats what i do, I personally would keep S/Doc. Great for finding things that others don,t.One of my favourite's.

birdface 22:46 16 Oct 2006

Jimmy14,That's why you need other programs,When you have got Norton,

Jimmy14 22:54 16 Oct 2006

explain.

birdface 08:25 17 Oct 2006

Had Norton 2005.Had a lot of trouble with it,And that is why I had to get Spyware Doctor as back up,I Have now got rid of norton, And use AVG,But that is just my experiance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?