Norton Internet Security 2007 Beta

Dell Latitude 21:22 24 Aug 2006

hi has anyone used this yet?

click here

VoG II 21:23 24 Aug 2006

You must be joking click here

anskyber 21:33 24 Aug 2006

There is more chance of Hell freezing over.

Dell Latitude 21:35 24 Aug 2006

lol VoG™ dont be put off by that ive beeb using symantec software for 3 years inc go back which is like system restore and have not had many probs.

Input Overload 21:45 24 Aug 2006

10 years ago Norton Utilities was a must have, things have changed, I use NOD32 as a AV the simplicity of installation & problem free installation & update from the 10.5 meg install program makes me wonder if those at Symantec are living on planet earth.

The Symentec programs get increasingly bloated as the years go on, yet still Norton products are recommenced as best buys by PC mags. I use NOD32 as an AV & Macecraft JV16 as a registry cleaner.

anskyber 21:48 24 Aug 2006

I think that these words are the key ones, and they are from the Symantec site you linked. You may be rather more tech savvy than I and will risk it.

This is a beta product and therefore is not supported by Symantec Technical Support.

SYMANTEC STRONGLY ADVISES THAT YOU DO NOT INSTALL THIS BETA PRODUCT ON A PRODUCTION MACHINE OR USE ON A PRODUCTION NETWORK. THIS BETA PRODUCT IS FOR TEST USE ONLY.

Dell Latitude 21:51 24 Aug 2006

i am not going to install it on my primary os, i a going to install it onty Windows XP Virtual Machine.

anskyber 21:56 24 Aug 2006

Well if you do decide to install it would be of real value if you could post back here with your experiences.

I have two beta programmes on my machine at the moment and thats enough!! I left Symantec about 18 months ago after several problems with their software hence my earlier post.

Dell Latitude 22:02 24 Aug 2006

ok i will post back later on tonight or tommorow. bye guys.

Dell Latitude 22:04 24 Aug 2006

ok i will post back later on tonight or tommorow. bye guys.

sunny staines 15:52 25 Aug 2006

I like most of norton, but will not touch their beta's as 2007 is highly unstable from bits i read from searching the net.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?