NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2007

Arthur 09:54 25 Feb 2007

I have recently upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2007 on line. This went well, apart from the Anti-phishing protection which was turned off. An attempt to turn it on led to an error message and I was directed to the Symantec web site. This directed me to remove the program, reboot and re-enstall the program. This I have done, with no success, the same error signal is generated ( internal program error 0x800x40002).
Any suggestions? Arthur

birdface 12:46 25 Feb 2007

If you want to remove Norton you have to switch the Firewall and Anti-Virus off before deleting it from Add-Remove,Once you have done that,Run the Norton removal tool, click here Run C Cleaner,Then reinstall Norton.

Internetwhizzkid 13:07 25 Feb 2007

Dont use nortons, save money and use free anti-virus

Avast Home edition click here

AVG Free Edition click here

SANTOS7 13:14 25 Feb 2007

I have just typed the error message in diferent forms into google and come up with ZIP, i would say it is software conflict of some sort which is only going to be resolved by process of elimination.
(good old norton,bless em)

brundle 13:18 25 Feb 2007

Do you use the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall? click here

muddypaws 14:23 25 Feb 2007

buteman:
Does the removal tool tell you to switch off the Firewall and Anti-Virus etc as per your 1246 of the 25th? Or have you discovered that? I have the tool, but not yet used it. Just curious.

birdface 14:30 25 Feb 2007

Well occasionally or normally you cannot remove Norton Anti-Virus or Firewall's if they are still running.This goes for any A/V or F/wall.

birdface 14:48 25 Feb 2007

sorry picked you up wrong,If you delete from Add Remove you have to switch A/V or F/Wall of or you will not remove properly,Now if you delete from the Norton Removal Tool,I do not know if it does it automatically or ask's you to stop them running manually.A while since I used it ,I would imagine it will ask you,or do it automatically itself.I am sure someone will be able to advise,But will work either way.

Arthur 15:37 25 Feb 2007

I removed the program in accordance with the info supplied by the Symantec website as directed by the error message box

muddypaws 19:43 25 Feb 2007

Thanks buteman and Arthur.

Arthur 14:50 26 Feb 2007

I have further attempted to remove the program. I switched off the firewall and anti-virus program and then removed the program using the add/remove. Then rebooted, then used the Norton removal tool and rebooted. Then re-installed the program and I still have the same problem of not being able to switch on Phishing protection

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?