norton internet security 2002

jam500 22:04 30 Dec 2006

Hi everyone, I have norton internet security 2002 and norton antivirus installed on my pc, It was preinstelled. This is now not supported anymore and therefore is now not active. My problem is, Ever since this has happened i can no longer some sites especially secure ones i.e passworded ones or account info ones. I think this is down to norton internet secrity, The problem is i cant activate any of the buttons, All i get is you need to be a supervisor to access this. I have read lots of websites and help pages but cant find an answer, All i want is it off my system. I have tried to remove it from add/remove programs even from the reg by using regcleaner but all i get is you have to be a supervisor. Please can anyone help. Thankyou

Jackcoms 22:10 30 Dec 2006
  Stuartli 22:15 30 Dec 2006

See:

click here

I was going to mention to use the Norton Removal Tool after you have used Add/Remove Programs for Norton and LiveUpdate, but Jackcoms has already posted it.

Funnily enough I removed NortonAV 2006 from a family friend's system this morning after someone else had failed completely and left the system unusable...:-)

She certainly understood my wry comment never to allow AOL or Norton products near her system afterwards.

jam500 22:39 30 Dec 2006

Thanks for the quick response, Sorry still no joy, I tried the remove program but it says that i have to unistall it from the add/remove first and when i try it says i have to be a supervisor, I am the administrator on my pc so i guess it means on the actual software? But i have read lots on how to gain access to be a supervisor but you need to be a supervisor to access the buttons, I cant even email symantec as this page is not available to me like so many since this happened. Any other ideas. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone