Norton and Internet problems

Linton2 07:29 03 Jun 2004

I have been having problems with Norton on my computer at home. When I do a live update, it doesn't update properly and then after a while, I get a message saying that my viruses aren't up to date.

The past couple fo nights I have also been unable to get onto the Internet. My computer dials up and connects without any problem but I get when I try to go on the Internet, I get a message talleing me that the server can't be found.

The first night this happened, I was eventually able to get into the Internet. Last night I couldn't.

I have tried to uninstall Norton and reinstall it, but I can't seem to fully unisntall Norton, which means when I try to install it again, it won't let me.

I'm going crazy. Can anyone help?

billbod 07:39 03 Jun 2004

Try the symantec site mate .Think theres a page on how to completely uninstall nortons.Theres also an application called symKBfix look that it and it may clear your problem good luck

Linton2 07:59 03 Jun 2004

billbod

Thanks for that. I will have a look at it when I go home. Another thing you might be able to helpme with please. Since having this problem with Norton, I can't use "Search" or "System Restore" When I go into them the window opens but is just blank.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone