Norton GoBack v Service Pack 2

Shadwellal 00:35 17 Jan 2006

Just done a fresh installation of Windows on my Athlon 64 Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop. Previously Norton GoBack was working fine. The new Windows installation was because Service Pack 2 wouldn't install otherwise. Following installation of GoBack, Windows wouldn't start. Got back in using the "last known good configuration" and uninstalled GoBack. Then I tried uninstalling Service pack 2 and reinstalling GoBack. GoBack then worked fine, but if I tried to install SP2 the computer wouldn't restart. Looks like there is a compatibility issue on my hardware between GoBack and SP2, so I need to choose one or the other. Any suggestions or solutions please?

Skyver 00:43 17 Jan 2006

What version of GoBack?
click here
Personally I would stick with SP2 and System Restore.

Shadwellal 00:50 17 Jan 2006

Norton GoBack version3. For the time being I am sticking with SP2 and system restore, but GoBack has got me out of the **** on several occasions, and I do rather like it.

Skyver 00:56 17 Jan 2006

It's a trade-off, SP2 has a lot of valuable security updates and general improvements to XP, System Restore is pretty effective and with a good backup regime your data is safe - if you want to stick with GoBack I think you'll need to consult the Symantec website and get the very latest version.

Shadwellal 01:02 17 Jan 2006

Thanks - I've e-mailed Symantec tech support so I'll see what they say. In the meantime I'm using Ghost for regular back ups

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?