Norton GoBack

micemews 17:35 05 Feb 2006

I have xp with sp2. I have Norton GoBack 4.0 installed, but recently when I tried to restoreto an earlier date, a message said that there were no restore points recorded due to high disk activity. I think this high activity may have been when I used Norton Speed Disk to defragment the disk.

Has anyone else had any problems with Go Back.

Are there any better products.

stalion 17:43 05 Feb 2006
  Robert-272781 18:31 05 Feb 2006

I've had exactly the same problem. When you defragment, the read/write activity is too much for the space allocated for Goback and so it stops logging. The solution that works for me is to uninstall Goback before the defragment, then re-install it when completed. You will then have to run liveupdate (twice) which will install the latest version - this will mean rebooting again.
Its a pain but it is the only way that I found to be successful. You could try disabling Goback before the defrag and re-enable it afterwards but I have never done this.
Regards

Bob

mattyc_92 19:12 05 Feb 2006

Disabling GoBack DOES work...

I used to use GoBack, and found that if I disabled it before I done any defragging, it would start to "log" much quicker...

I ditched GoBack for Acronis True Image click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?