Norton Ghost users wanted to give advice if pos?

toni b 20:35 02 Nov 2003

I have posted a previous thread but to no joy.My problems is I attmepted to\make an image backup using ghost but when I try to start com (win XP pro) it say it "canot find operating system" i have used the help web site from symantec but can not get any of ther suggestions to work-(Novice) when i follow instructions i canot get them to work . I have copied files "ghreboot" and "gdisk" and tried to follow instructions from web site but I am obviously not doing it correctly can some one help (I have tried phoning support in Australia hoping they would be open but they are not yet )so I am hoping the kind folks in here can help

Gaz 25 21:03 02 Nov 2003

You should have a copy of the proram on your PC installed. Now you need to make a bootable disk...

Follow these instructions to get you through the backup to a CD-ROM: click here

toni b 21:14 02 Nov 2003

The above link I can not reach I have the files on my symantec works 2003 pro cd but when i follow the instructions on web site i dont get anywhere it is impossible for me to access my computer as it will not boot something to do with virtual partion(symantec) I am afraid to use gdisk.exe as I have no I dead what I am doing and I only formated disk a few weeks ago.......

toni b 21:16 02 Nov 2003

........no idea what I am doing.....

Gaz 25 21:21 02 Nov 2003

click here

You can see them in shockwave flash too.

I hope it helps.

I would personally use Drive image 7 from click here

it is far easier to use than Norton Ghost.

toni b 00:35 03 Nov 2003

bump^^^^^^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?