Norton ghost Help please I dont know what to do!!

Internetwhizzkid 10:50 26 May 2007

Hi,
I want to know how to use symantec norton ghost. Now what I know is that there is a ghost image on my dell that will take it back to factory settings. Now i want to be able to make an image of the files that I want to keep etc, But how do I use the images without the software, for example I have seen people run ghost in dos or something like that with a blue screen taking it back etc, I want to know how to do that because the image i take will be of a clean install of windows but with just my documents in the rght place etc.

I know there is something called bootdis.exe but again how do you use that, and ia there an alternative if I do not have a Floppy just a USB.

I hope you get my drift and any help will be great

Thanks
Ben

VoG II 10:59 26 May 2007

Ensure that you can boot from the CD drive click here

Restart with the Ghost CD in the drive. When the prompt 'press any key to boot from CD' appears, press a key.

You should then be in the Recovery Environment from where you can restore your image.

All of thgis is explained in the user manual which should be in C:\program files\symantec\norton ghost\shared\en\userguide.pdf

Internetwhizzkid 11:06 26 May 2007

So you mean insert the install cd and it will show the backups I made to restore?

Basically instead of formatting I want to be able to format so so but all my music will be there but the software wont if you get my drift.

But does the software have to be installed to use the images or can i work it when it looks like this

click here

Thanks
Ben

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone