Norton Ghost, data loss

ghost01 19:46 03 Aug 2003

can anyone help me please, using norton ghost 2002, i have an 80 gig hard drive, divided into 2 partitions, i formatted the primary C:, after coping some files to the secondary D:, think i dressed the wrong option when i went to recover, cause, while c: is all ok, D: drive has gone, along with my files, anyone know how to recover these files, thank You

Peter 21:39 03 Aug 2003

Did you re-install Windows on the C: Drive and not just format it? Which version of Windows please? (What follows should work with Windows 9x and ME, but probably not with 2000 and XP.)

If you have installed Windows 95, 98 or ME what might have happened is that Windows has reset the partitioning. If that is the case you can use a programme called MBRWorks to resurect the lost partition. It's a freebee available somewhere on the web, but it's small and I can email you a copy if you want.

Whatever you do back everything up to some removable media so you don't lose any more data!

Peter.

Peter 19:36 04 Aug 2003

Please reply via this forum and not by email unless otherwise specifically advised. The following email was received from ghost01:-

"Peter,
I formatted the hard drive before i udes the ghost recovery programme, im using windows xp pro"

As I indicated in my initial post if the operating system installed was XP then my post would probably not be the solution. Perhaps someone else can shed some light this matter.

Peter.

jimv7 20:04 04 Aug 2003

you cant recover these files, you used the option in ghost to load image to drive instead of image to partition.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Apps for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le combat entre McGregor et Mayweather ?