Norton clean sweep---cookies

Bevlee 03:40 25 May 2003

When i try to clean cookies with norton cleans sweep I get this message----internet explorer is active cannot clean cookies
Ithink I have internet explorer shut off--whats with that?

Bevlee
thnks a bunch

billyliv 07:55 25 May 2003

Hi,I have Norton Systemworks also but when it comes to the 'Cookie' situation I use a cookie manager called 'Cookie Wall'. This is a great application and lets you manage your cookies the way that you want. download it from AnalogX. Cheers, Bill

meatlaff2 14:33 25 May 2003

Hi Bevlee
I have Norton sys works, but i use a prog called INTERNET SWEEPER, to clear cookies n temp internet files etc. It was recomended by compter active magazine and it's free. If u download it and put a shortcut on ur desktop. After you've finished an internet session, just click on SWEEPER and with a couple of clics you can clear all cookies, temp files, history of sites u visited. click here it's brilliant. I know majority of cookies are fairly harmless but i use SWEEPER every time to clear them. only takes a few seconds. Much quicker than opening Norton. good luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?