norton and chrome

sunnystaines 08:56 08 Dec 2013

with the latest chrome update the norton toolbar with the vault is gone, any iseas how to display it please.

tried liveupdate for any patch.also re enabled norton in chrome settings.

QuizMan 11:23 08 Dec 2013

If you mean the black bar along the top, it was taken out by Google at the last update. I have seen a workaround somewhere when I had the same problem. I'll see if I can track it down. In the end I decided I did not need it because all I usually wanted was quick access to Google maps and YouTube and I can do that via shortcuts on the Bookmarks toolbar.

QuizMan 11:25 08 Dec 2013

Sorry, having re-read your post it is the Norton bar you need. I have that visible on Chrome so it is certainly not lost forever. Let me see if I can find out how. Watch this space.

sunnystaines 17:28 08 Dec 2013

work around so far open another browser. then log into the vault then it works in chrome putting the passwords in, but the norton bar is not displayed in chrome.

QuizMan 16:52 09 Dec 2013

Murphy's Law being what it is, I lost my NTB too when playing around with the settings. It took a re-install of Norton and Chrome in that order to get it back.

Woolwell 20:02 09 Dec 2013

Chrome settings - extensions - make sure that Norton Identity Protection is enabled. Restart Chrome if necessary.

sunnystaines 09:30 10 Dec 2013

Woolwell had already tried that one

Woolwell 10:35 10 Dec 2013

sunnystaines - It works for me.

sunnystaines 11:02 10 Dec 2013

tried again nojoy

Woolwell 11:09 10 Dec 2013

Odd. Have you tried Norton forums?

Woolwell 11:10 10 Dec 2013

Uninstall Chrome and re-install it and see if that fixes your snag.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?