Norton AV automatic update notification

Keith 21:01 10 Jan 2003
  Keith 21:01 10 Jan 2003

I have NAV 2000 with Automatic Live Update enabled. However, I have always configured it to notify me when updates are available but for some weeks it has ignored this setting and just updates virus definitions with no notification. Anybody had this? How do I stop it? Keith

JoeC 21:11 10 Jan 2003

I have NAV2002, but I have found that it benefits Norton products if you completely uninstall them on occasion, using the uninstall feature in the programme, then reinstall them. I have 3 Norton products and they sometimes go flaky on you for no apparent reason but always cured by a reinstall !!

Keith 22:35 10 Jan 2003

Thanks. Trouble with complete uninstall of NAV is that as soon as you re-install it you find yourself doing a series of socking great downloads to get it up to date again! But if that's the answer (which I suspected) it will have to be. Thanks again. Keith

Stuartli 23:11 10 Jan 2003

I have Norton AV and update on a daily basis; there are few days when there isn't a virus definition update.

Perhaps that is why your program is updating so regularly?

Andsome 08:26 11 Jan 2003

Forgive me, but I cannot imagine why you would wish to stop the program from updating of it's own accord. It is one less click for you.

powerless 08:29 11 Jan 2003

There was an update early this morning ;-)

« Ravin » 09:41 11 Jan 2003

same problem here. have been thinking that there hadn't been any updates for the past month when i noticed that the definitions date on the main program kept changing.. so i disabled live update and then reenabled it and so far its been ok.

Keith 17:55 11 Jan 2003

It's not just me then! I'll try your trick. It bothers me that such an important application decides to behave differently of its own accord. It lessens your faith in it. Thanks, Keith

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?