Norton AV 2004 and email

phil.smith 10:48 24 Jun 2004

I'm running the above

When it checks my emails I get a message to say that it has found a virus and deleted the file.

However it does not say which email had the virus and all emails are still downloaded

Is it safe to open all my emails once Norton has worked through them?

Thanks

Phil

phil.smith 11:55 24 Jun 2004

bump

antoni34 12:46 24 Jun 2004

I have Norton 2004 and when it detects a virus it warns me, deletes the virus and the infected email appears with a headline of "Symantec Proxy Detected Virus" I think !

scooby43 13:15 24 Jun 2004

in outlook express do you have the two pane windows ? if you do you can set it to not open the email straight away, by going to view menu at the top then down to layout in there it says at the bottom show pane untick the box. Also if your weary of attachments you can go to tools options security tab and make sure dont no allow potential attachments to be downloaded.

phil.smith 15:13 24 Jun 2004

Scooby43

I do not have 2 pane window open as recommended by other forumites

antoni34

I have not seen a title on an email but I'll look next time a virus is deleted - getting a few at the moment from Europe after sending emails to France for hotel bookings!!!!

Phil

ventanas 16:33 24 Jun 2004

antoni34 is correct in what he says. This is how the infected mail will appear in Outlook, with the infection gone. (into the NAV quarantine folder from where they can be deleted)

scooby43 12:05 25 Jun 2004

I have norton aswell but at times even norton cant delete or even quarantine the virus. Removal maybe the only other way :(

scooby43 12:06 25 Jun 2004

removal tool that is

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone