Norton Antivirus Mutiny!

Perfectblue 21:08 03 Dec 2003

I have 2 PCs, both using Norton AntiVirus 2003 and until the last 2-3 weeks, Live Update has been automatically downloading and installing any available updates. But, suddenly neither of them wants to do it any more.
One PC (running WinXP) downloads the updates but then cannot install the virus definitions because they 'fail internal authentication' and the other PC (Win98SE) insists that all its virus definitions are up to date - but they most definitely are not! Running Live Update manually gets the same responses.
I'm relying on Zone Alarm to keep me safe - but I'd rather have NAV. Can anyone advise me? Please??!
Jan

Giggle n' Bits 21:12 03 Dec 2003

it is a Firewall protection/internet security.

Its sounds like Norton is behaving badly as Zone Alarm is interfearing with your Norton Anti Virus.

Thing is removing Zone Alarm is a Format to remove it fully.

powerless 21:12 03 Dec 2003
  powerless 21:13 03 Dec 2003

To remove ZA fully click here (without format)

Perfectblue 21:28 03 Dec 2003

Thanks for your suggestions guys - much appreciated - but the thing is, I only have Zone Alarm on one of the PCs. The other one uses a completely different firewall and they have been runnng happily alongside NAV for months now.
Could there be any other explanation?
Jan

anchor 09:26 04 Dec 2003

When does your subscription to Norton Antivirus expire?. You only get 1 year after installation of the programme.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?