Norton Antivirus 2006 or Norton Internet Security?

PC_HelpMe 18:59 11 Aug 2006

I just upgraded my Norton Antivirus to the 2006 package for £34.99. I have since discovered that if I had bought Norton Internet Security 2006 I could have had, not only the Antivirus which is on that too, but also Firewall protection and lots of other stuff - for just an extra £15. I'm not impressed. Is there any reason why these 2 packages are on sale at the same time (aside to someone maybe just wanting Antivirus on their computer)? Am I missing something?? Can anybody out there put my mind at rest, or have I been diddled?

Genius1 19:12 11 Aug 2006

The only reason the two products are on sale at the same time is as you say, for people who just want Antivirus protection and don't want to pay more money for products they may already have. I can't really put your mind at rest, but an extra £15 is really not worth it when there are plenty of free security products out there that work just as well.

rick90 21:03 11 Aug 2006

with Genius1 , for free firewall try zonealarm.com .p.s. big changes at norton next year software a.v.and other in for big changes,

PC_HelpMe 19:18 13 Aug 2006

Thanks for your replies Genius1 and rick90 - will try zonealarm instead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone