Norton anti virus version 4.0

jay77 06:31 29 Sep 2005

Ive got this disc it said on ebay 98 windows can be used.Disc says 95,so does any one know if its ok,to use on my my windows 98 se thankyou.I contacted seller they havent got back in over week ok.

Diodorus Siculus 07:55 29 Sep 2005

As ssuggested in other threads, ignore an old software version like NAV 4 and go for one of the free options.

From what I can see, it does not support Win98.

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:23 29 Sep 2005

click here and downl;oad the free version of AVG. You might as well forget the Norton disk and it will suck your resources dry.

G

jay77 16:57 29 Sep 2005

but is my disc compatable with windows 98, ive tried all the other stuff nothing is free and thats all clogging up pc.It keeps going off or getting stuck all the time when i just come online thankyou jason.

Belatucadrus 17:21 29 Sep 2005

The question you should be asking is

" Is this version supported by Symantek ?"

because if the answer is no, and as Version 4 is vintage 1999 it's unlikely. It's a much use as a chocolate teapot. Maybe it'll accept the latest signature updates, but without the necessary development it'll be incapable of dealing with the newer threats.

With avast! click here Antivir click here and AVG click here You will get fully functional regularly updated software that is completely free for the non profit home user.

As to " It keeps going off or getting stuck all the time when I just come online " That would indicate some other problem with your PC and sticking a vintage Norton on top of whatever's going on at the moment is most unlikely to help.

jay77 17:59 29 Sep 2005

It says that on front of disc says 98 and nt inside though.I tried the other downloads they vary from loads of problems to windows update says none,very confusing!

jay77 18:00 29 Sep 2005

Sorry it says that in inlay card,but seller said ok for 98,but still no reply from them.

Skills 18:23 29 Sep 2005

As has been siad there really isn't any point in loading up an anti virus program thats getting on for 6yrs old.

You really are better off using either avast or avg.

Hamish 18:28 29 Sep 2005

Keep your disc good as it will make a nice coaster and load up any one of the anti virus programs above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?