Norton Anti Virus 2008

schole 18:17 23 Mar 2008

Hi I hope shortly to have delivered a new Pc which will have preloaded Norton Anti Virus 2008. Will I need take any further action to protect myself whilst surfing the net? The new PC will come with Vista Home Premium.

Thank you

Kind regards

Shole

mfletch 18:22 23 Mar 2008

Although I do not like Norton it is all you basically need,

Pine Man 18:57 23 Mar 2008

You say you will have Norton AntiVirus 2008. Is that correct or will you have Norton Security Suite 2008?

If it is just anti virus you will also need to consider anti-spyware like SpyBot and maybe a better firewall than Vista such as Zone Alarm. Both are free.

If it is a suite then it has everything you need as mfletch says.

birdface 19:27 23 Mar 2008

As far as I know the Windows firewall in Vista is very good.The first thing that I done with my grandaughters new laptop was to remove Norton.Plenty freebies about that do as good a job.If you keep Norton .I would download SpywareBlaster. and maybe A Squared .You will probably have Windows Defender installed as well.I don't like that either but if you keep it you will not need to use A Squared.Another must is McAfee Site Advisor which warns you if you go into any bad sites.

sunny staines 19:53 23 Mar 2008

dont forget to update to new version free

click here

Belatucadrus 19:57 23 Mar 2008

Also check how long the preloaded version lasts for, a lot of the Norton versions that go out with new PCs are very short period "tasters" and not really worth bothering with.

sunny staines 06:25 24 Mar 2008

dont use my suggestion if only a short trial version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone