norton 360v2 updates

sunnystaines 09:45 10 Dec 2008

I have had Norton security for years. when installing i would check live update untill it said your pc is up to date no updates available.

But changed to norton 360v2 recently when NIS2008 expired wished i had gone to NIS2009.

getting to the problem everytime i check liveupdate it always shows downloading and installing updates no matter how many times i check this both on XP and Vista. I tried live chat support at norton but do not think they grapsed the query.

anyone having the same.

User-1212661 19:25 10 Dec 2008

Hi David,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

When you installed Norton 360 did you first use the Norton Removal Tool? If not your installation of Norton 360 could be corrupted or not installed correctly.

Please follow the instructions below to properly uninstall and reinstall Norton 360.

1. Click on the following link to download the Norton Removal Tool:

click here

2. After you run the tool, please restart your computer. Then log in to Windows again and run the removal tool again. Restart your computer after it is finished running the second time as well.

3. Make sure that your internet connection is working properly, and then reinstall Norton 360. By default, LiveUpdate is set to "Automatic" and it will check for and download updates in the background, multiple times per day.

To check that "Automatic Updates" are enabled, select the "Settings" link at the top of the window and make sure there is a check in the box next to "Automatic LiveUpdates."

4. After the installation is complete, launch Norton 360 and select "Check for Updates" under the "PC Security" bubble. Even though Automatic updates are enabled, it's a good idea to manually check for updates the first time.

5. Complete a "Comprehensive Scan" to check for any infections.

Let me know if you have any problems after following these instructions.

Thank you,
Mike

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
click here

sunnystaines 20:13 10 Dec 2008

that is how i installed 360v2, i had also ran the online fixit tool after instal which fixed a broken cmd line [this occurred on both pc's]
fix it tool now shows no problem.

the view details in the security show updates are ok with a tick in the green area as does the norton icon in the task bar.

i used the norton download of 360v2 as my cd one was an earlier version.

although everything looks OK my mind is puzzled that when i do a weekly manual check it always downloads the updates and instals then shows the pc uptodate but if i check live update again the download and instals start again.

rdave13 20:26 10 Dec 2008

A devout Norton fan then. Good for you, nice to know that customers are getting problems resolved...

sunnystaines 20:44 10 Dec 2008

not at all impressed with 360, but i do like the internet security package. i may be wrong but i felt the live chat norton support guy had a very poor understanding of english, and i did not want to spend ages queuing again to try and get someone decent.

a minor problem i think i have, but it annoys me that if its not running as it should.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?