This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.
When you installed Norton 360 did you first use the Norton Removal Tool? If not your installation of Norton 360 could be corrupted or not installed correctly.
Please follow the instructions below to properly uninstall and reinstall Norton 360.
1. Click on the following link to download the Norton Removal Tool:
2. After you run the tool, please restart your computer. Then log in to Windows again and run the removal tool again. Restart your computer after it is finished running the second time as well.
3. Make sure that your internet connection is working properly, and then reinstall Norton 360. By default, LiveUpdate is set to "Automatic" and it will check for and download updates in the background, multiple times per day.
To check that "Automatic Updates" are enabled, select the "Settings" link at the top of the window and make sure there is a check in the box next to "Automatic LiveUpdates."
4. After the installation is complete, launch Norton 360 and select "Check for Updates" under the "PC Security" bubble. Even though Automatic updates are enabled, it's a good idea to manually check for updates the first time.
5. Complete a "Comprehensive Scan" to check for any infections.
Let me know if you have any problems after following these instructions.
Norton Authorized Support Team