e HAVING A PROBLEM IT WONT BACKUP TO MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE SAYS IT HAS DEVELOPE AN INTERNAL FAULT 08700 108 i HAVE FOLLOWED THE ADVICE GIVEN BYTHE NORTON SUPPORT CENTRE NO CHANGE nORTON KEEPS ASKING IF THE DRIVRE IS CONNECTED BUT I HAVE NO PROBLEM ACCESS IT .i AM A NOVICE ANY ONE ADVISE ME.tHANX
This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team responding to your posting about Norton 360.
The first thing I would advise you to do in this situation is to manually run LiveUpdate to make sure that you have the latest updates applied to Norton 360. Make sure that your internet connection is functioning properly first and then follow the instructions below.
1. Click Start->All Programs->Norton 360->and then click on LiveUpdate. LiveUpdate will automatically run and check for and install any available updates for Norton 360. After it is complete, you may want to repeat this step just to make sure that you have all of the updates applied. You may be prompted to restart your computer after running LiveUpdate.
The next step would be to do a test backup to your local C: drive.
1. Click Start->All Programs->Norton 360->and click on Norton 360 to bring up the main window.
2. Click on the 'Backup and Restore" icon.
3. Click on the "Change Backup Settings" link.
4. Under the "Backup Location" choose your local C: drive as the destination. Then click "OK."
5. Click on the "Run Backup Now" button.
Please try these steps and reply back to this thread and let me know the results.
Michael York Norton Authorized Support Team Symantec Corporation click here
with save and restore it messed up the wifi and had to unistall and re configure the wifi to get it working, with ghost the it did not corrupt the wifi but the backups would also show corrupted and could not access. on desktops with no wifi all ok.
use the n.360 for the firewall & AV and try acronis or the free xxclone.
i tried the free aconis version on the seagate web site but it only clones the full hdd not single partitions and xxclone was temperamental sometimes it would restore the clone other times it would corrupt the whole hdd and cause a complete reinstall from scratch. at the moment i use ghost on the desktop and no backup clone for the laptop.