norton 360 wont backup files

BREEN 13:05 17 Feb 2008

MY FAMILY COMPUTER USES XP AND HAS SIX USERS.

e HAVING A PROBLEM IT WONT BACKUP TO MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE SAYS IT HAS DEVELOPE AN INTERNAL FAULT 08700 108
i HAVE FOLLOWED THE ADVICE GIVEN BYTHE NORTON SUPPORT CENTRE NO CHANGE nORTON KEEPS ASKING IF THE DRIVRE IS CONNECTED BUT I HAVE NO PROBLEM ACCESS IT .i AM A NOVICE ANY ONE ADVISE ME.tHANX

sunny staines 13:48 17 Feb 2008

are you using a wifi laptop by any chance. I find norton backs up a desktop ok but loads of problems with a latop it just will not work on a sony laptop tried ghost and norton save restore.

BREEN 17:11 17 Feb 2008

I am using a dessktop with a wifi connection everything else on norton works fine. It just wont backup my files

sunny staines 18:59 17 Feb 2008

wifi interfers with norton backups even if you disconnect before.

User-1212661 21:17 17 Feb 2008

Hi Breen

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team responding to your posting about Norton 360.

The first thing I would advise you to do in this situation is to manually run LiveUpdate to make sure that you have the latest updates applied to Norton 360. Make sure that your internet connection is functioning properly first and then follow the instructions below.

1. Click Start->All Programs->Norton 360->and then click on LiveUpdate. LiveUpdate will automatically run and check for and install any available updates for Norton 360. After it is complete, you may want to repeat this step just to make sure that you have all of the updates applied. You may be prompted to restart your computer after running LiveUpdate.

The next step would be to do a test backup to your local C: drive.

1. Click Start->All Programs->Norton 360->and click on Norton 360 to bring up the main window.

2. Click on the 'Backup and Restore" icon.

3. Click on the "Change Backup Settings" link.

4. Under the "Backup Location" choose your local C: drive as the destination. Then click "OK."

5. Click on the "Run Backup Now" button.

Please try these steps and reply back to this thread and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Mike

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
click here

sunny staines 07:48 18 Feb 2008

nice to see direct imput from norton support I hope it continues.

BREEN 16:58 18 Feb 2008

Hi Michael

I have followed your advice to the letter but the problem remains exactley the same as when I try to save to my external drive

Breen

BREEN 12:05 20 Feb 2008

It seems u spoke to soon about Norton they seem to have lost interest in the problem

sunny staines 12:10 20 Feb 2008

breen

I still think norton back ups do not like wifi.

with save and restore it messed up the wifi and had to unistall and re configure the wifi to get it working, with ghost the it did not corrupt the wifi but the backups would also show corrupted and could not access. on desktops with no wifi all ok.

BREEN 12:19 20 Feb 2008

Sunny Staines
I just feel such a mug paying for a product that does not work wonder if norton will give me my money back

sunny staines 13:08 20 Feb 2008

breen

use the n.360 for the firewall & AV and try acronis or the free xxclone.

i tried the free aconis version on the seagate web site but it only clones the full hdd not single partitions and xxclone was temperamental sometimes it would restore the clone other times it would corrupt the whole hdd and cause a complete reinstall from scratch. at the moment i use ghost on the desktop and no backup clone for the laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017