Norton 360 Version 2

zant 19:56 01 May 2008

I don’t know how many users of 360 are aware that version 2 is now available, I didn’t and Norton didn’t bother to advise me, although I am a registered user and on their update hit list.

I purchased 360 because it could be used on 3 computers. Having duly installed it on my 3 computers, I found it a bit of an ergonomic mess to use, especially on my latest Vista Home Premium one.

Having battled with red crosses, I decided to look for help and their support page advised after much jiggery pokery found I could uninstall 360 and install 360 version 2.

Go to support and advise that Red X doesn’t work on some programmes, after which follow the prompts.

Make a note of your key code, although I wasn’t asked for it, or any of my 3 computers.

Follow the prompts and all went ok for 2 computers. The third packed up after the restart command, doing the job again produced satisfactory results.

Finally with version 2, I wouldn’t say it was the most user friendly thing to use, it is a vast improvement on V1.

sunny staines 21:15 01 May 2008

was it a free upgrade to norton 360 ver 2

zant 07:16 02 May 2008

Yes it was

zant 07:22 02 May 2008

Forgot to mention that after upgrade expiry date remained the same but my wireless settings required resetting on my Vista machine. XP DT & LT were ok.

sunny staines 13:55 02 May 2008

thanks i have version 1 but not using till nis expires, glad to know i can upgade it to version2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?