Norton 360

PippaP 17:13 17 Apr 2008

Hi all!
Just installed Norton 360 as Avast had Malware virus it seemed unable to deal with. Since installing I have many problems with the laptop including always having to uncheck certificate verification and no longer being able to run multiple tabs in Internet Explorer. Internet Ex has also slowed down considerbaly. There are so many settings in Norton AND IE tools that I have no idea what they mean and I just don't know where to start!!! HELP!!! Does anyone know if AVAST Home edition is safe again as I would much rather just uninstall Norton and go back to it!

wis 19:20 17 Apr 2008

had some experiance of norton it does slow things
up, and to be honest many things seem to get
though, i would look elsware

ba2dmi 20:27 17 Apr 2008

use click here for gd antivirus etc

RobCharles1981 21:16 17 Apr 2008

This is what I cannot under stand:

"Just installed Norton 360 as Avast had Malware virus it seemed unable to deal with"

Avast Antivirus is an excellent virus removal tool, so there fore I suggest you get rid and refund your money of the dreaded Norton 360 there is no need to pay for software such as Norton where you can find software for free.

So lets start by removing Norton goto this link:

click here

And goto step 4 to download the removal tool and run it, but before you do anything first, I advise you to get the freebies:

And get these:

Avast Antivirus click here

Comodo Firewall
click here

ccleaner (for cleaning out the junk)
click here

Spyware Potection

Spyware Terminator (Offers real Time Protection)
click here

Spyware Blaster (Blocking Spyware from getting in when you install it check for updates and enable all protection)
click here

Super Antispyware
click here

Spybot Search Destroy
click here

A-Squared:
click here

With the Antispyware Programs I have suggested update them all and scan with one at a time in Windows Safe Mode. To do this when your laptop is loading up press F8 which brings you to the boot choice menu and select "Safe Mode"

Good Luck

Rob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?