norton

chrissy1 00:15 18 Oct 2008
Answered

have norton included in price of package.......lately keep getting warning to fix an item.....auto protect......seems to correct itself when full scan done...but now coming more frequent at least once a week.....all system is working except for this part popping up to rectify....getting more than a bit fed up of it all......any suggestions?........

chrissy1 00:18 18 Oct 2008

keeps coming up at least once a week that auto protect is switched off and to turn on....i do it and nothing...even after rebooting....only rectifies after a full system scan..........peed off here with here.....help!!!

mocha 08:29 18 Oct 2008

Hi chrissy1,

You dont mention what version of NIS you're running but see if this solves your problem click here

Good Luck.

birdface 16:40 18 Oct 2008

For some reason they all want you to use Norton.Unfortunately Norton is not that popular.About 50% like it 50% don't.If I got it free I would not use it.Why they push it on new computers I do not know.It should not be allowed.You can disable auto protect but probably not what you are looking for.click here

sunny staines 19:08 18 Oct 2008

try delete of norton and a reinstal

chrissy1 08:46 19 Oct 2008
Answer

thanks all it has righted itself again....will also have a good look at the links given

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone