Norton 2008 renewal 1 to 3 user

rickd 12:07 09 May 2008

I have NIS 2008 running on 2 pc's (both were free upgrades from 2006), both up for renewal in 20 days, at a cost of 39.99 each. Nowadays 2008NIS comes with 2 free bonus installs for 49.99, so it makes sense to just buy this (and I can then install it also on my 3rd PC). To do this, do I have to cancel my current subscriptions, and get a whole new keycode and re-installation which I can then use on all the PC's - there cleverly doesn't seem to be a renew/upgrade option to go from the standalone version to the 3 user version on the web-site, unless I missed it. Anyone else got around this or have any experiences?

Before I get the usual deluge of "I hate Norton" replies and AVG etc etc is soooo much better, cheaper etc etc, I have tried them all and am happier with Norton, which runs perfectly on my PC's.

birdface 12:19 09 May 2008

A bit cheaper here maybe click here .Not really in to Norton.Can you not just remove it using the Norton removal tool.Run C Cleaner then install the new version.I would shop around and you may get it even cheaper.

rickd 13:22 09 May 2008

Yup seems like the best option cost-wise. Just seems dumb to have to completely remove it to replace it with exactly the same, then reinstall all the cumulative updates, reset my antispam etc. Especially when the main problems people have with Norton are when they either try to install or uninstall it.

I wonder if I just bought the box and input the new keycode when it came to re-subscription it would work?? Must be worth a try. Anyone tried that???

birdface 15:02 09 May 2008

Not sure if the upgrade one is the same as the one you have installed.So not sure if it would be just a straight install.maybe someone that uses Norton can give you the correct advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone