Norton 2006-AVG 8

vulcan 617 10:34 25 Aug 2008

hi there, i am thinking of taking of norton 2006, as it it coming up to be renewed. and going for AVG 8. free version. and then using windows firewall. or buying the AVG version, with all its extras on. i am running XP home . what do you all think. thanks.

iqs 10:40 25 Aug 2008

Have received a few pleas for help from mates who have used AVG 8 free,it has caused many issues for them.The windows firewall only blocks access to your PC.

Personally I can recommend Bullguard.I have been using it for over 2 years without any problems.

It is best to buy the OEM ver of Bullguard,its half the price.Try ebay.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:47 25 Aug 2008

I have used AVG for years and it is excellent. Try AVG8 free. There is never any need for home users to pay for security.
The windows firewall is more than enough if you are on BB.

Download the free version of Spyware Terminator click here (don't install the web guard application) and coupled with a little common sense you will be more than protected.
With the money saved on 'security systems' you can buy an external drive or a 8Gb flash drive. These will be of much more use to you than wasting money on security and will save your bacon.

G

RobCharles1981 11:20 25 Aug 2008

Have a read of this.......

click here

Marko797 12:15 25 Aug 2008

up until recently when I experienced problems with it. I switched to Avast and it's superb, so would recommend it. It's free too.

peter99co 12:23 25 Aug 2008

Do remember to remove Norton with the Norton Removal Tool available on their website.

^wave^ 13:18 25 Aug 2008

used avg for years now on ver 8 no probs use it with comodo firewall i am running xpsp3

vulcan 617 20:04 25 Aug 2008

ok guys thanks alot for your help, will take all what all of you have said on board. thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?