Norton 2005

Mysticnas 12:40 17 Oct 2004

Hi all...

just bought Norton 2005 Internet Security and Systemworks Premiere 2005.

I currently got Norton Personal Firewall, Antivirus Pro, and Systemworks; all 2003 versions.

Do i have to uninstall the old norton stuff before i install the new stuff? I can't find anything in the help text/paperwork.

When i went to install it didn't pick up that i already had older versions and went to install it to a different directory. What do i do?

Uninstall or leave it and install on top.

I don't want to versions of each software running at the same time, i can imagine it'd cause problems!

Thanks All
Nas

Dorsai 12:54 17 Oct 2004

IF you bought a full version of 2005, and not an upgrade, then uninstalling the 2003 before putting on 2005 should not hurt. And is what i would do.

If you got an upgrade, it will probably need to 'see' the old version on the PC before allowing the upgrade.

But i guess the full version, so i would uninstall the 2003 first. just remember not to go online till the new version installed and running right, as you will be unprotected.

Mysticnas 13:46 17 Oct 2004

Yes i have the full versions, i'm not keen on upgrades for anything, i've experienced problems.

Right ok then....

I'll uninstall the old stuff.

Thanks.

Carafaraday 13:53 17 Oct 2004

I just installed 'over the top' - no problems, yet........

david.h 14:05 17 Oct 2004

I have just bought these two upgrade packages, will not be loading till end of the month when my subscription expires.

2005 will load over 2004, but like you I have 2003 and will have to unistall before loading.

make sure you turn off all monitoring norton programes first before unistalling otherwise it may cause problems when you install 2005.

Mysticnas 14:08 17 Oct 2004

thanks all for this...

I'll disconnect my internet, disable firwall and antivrus, then uninstall.

;o)

david.h 16:11 17 Oct 2004

dont forget cleansweep and any systemworks bits going on in the background. you need to gointo options and check nothing loads with the pc as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?