Norton 2003 common client

snowy30 21:40 24 Sep 2004

I ran LiveUpdate to update Norton AntiVirus 2003 (I renewed the subscription via their website) when I had an error message saying: L1806 Liveupdate was not able to install any of the one updates you selected...and there was a red X next to Symantec Common Client. There is a 'sub' second message: L1812 a program that is part of this update failed to ran. I went to its website to find the solution, which instructs to find LiveUpdate folders and delete files and any subfolders. I ran LiveUpdate again and had the same message as above, which I now must uninstall and reinstall all Symantec and Norton programs. The things is I don't have the Norton Antivirus disc on me, I borrowed it. Is there any other way round this? I'm using Windows 98 and Norton Antivirus 2003 v.9.05.15.

Thanks

stalion 21:46 24 Sep 2004

if you borrowed it as you put it you must be useing the same serial number as someone else and this could be your problem.

snowy30 21:54 24 Sep 2004

It was doing fine up until now, I never had no trouble with it of all the months I used it since it has been installed

stalion 21:55 24 Sep 2004

when did you renew the subsription?

snowy30 22:03 24 Sep 2004

About a few months ago

stalion 22:19 24 Sep 2004

only thing I can suggest seeing as you can not re-install norton is to turn it off or uninstall it.
This is a free anti-virus program if you are interested many members on here use it.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?