non system disk ?

dazzling 21:00 26 Jun 2006

odd one this last two days when i switch pc on get the non system disk notice and press any key.once i press a key it boots into windows.i have checked boot order and its ok harddrives ok boot drive is hd 0 and set to boot to that.only thing i can think of is i booted to a bootable utilities disk and the problem seems to have started after that any ideas guys it a small annoyance but no disaster.thanks for any help darren. for your reference win xp abit kd 7 raid mobo 4 maxtor harddrives 4 optical drives athon xp 2200 1gb ram.thanks again darren

rsinbad 21:04 26 Jun 2006

have a look click here

dazzling 21:12 26 Jun 2006

thanks for that checked all those its not that it wont boot you just get the non system disk message and press any key when you do that it boots straight into windows.but this has just started before it just booted straight up.like i said not a disaster just annoying.darren

Pamy 21:22 26 Jun 2006

You could try restore to an earlier date

rsinbad 21:26 26 Jun 2006

yes these things can be annoying cant think of any thing that would cause that.

Is there any thing in the event veiwer

Clint2 22:55 26 Jun 2006

Have you got Acronis True Image installed?

dazzling 23:40 26 Jun 2006

pamy yes itried restore twice no joy. clint interesting you should say that ive just upgraded acronis and since i ran the boot cd i no longer get the press f 11 to boot to acronis option in the bios.you might have hit on something there ill try reinstalling acronis.

dazzling 00:13 27 Jun 2006

i deleted acronis secure zone and uninstalled it reebooted and its fine. must have been the bootable utilities disk that interfered with it.ill reinstall it tomorrow strange though ive never had any bother with acronis like i had with drive image. thanks darren

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires