non stop mix cds? no pause between tracks

moby58 19:05 25 Jan 2007

ive got some dj mix cds,which someone has copied...but the non stop mix "cuts" inbetween each track for 2 seconds,which spoils the mix!tried to mend it on nero,by selecting "no pause between tracks",but its not working.any other ideas or software to mend the join!?thanks

baldtaco 19:55 25 Jan 2007
  AB's 19:59 25 Jan 2007

you need 2 splice the mix track into single trax using the above Audacity programme, saving each track as track 1, 2, 3, etc you can cut off any silence at the end or begining of each track if you wish.then burn them to disc with nero again selecting no pause

greenlamp 23:47 25 Jan 2007

I suspect that in your cd writing software the "leave gap between tracks option" is enabled, you need to go into the setup/preferences and disable this for continuous play.

moby58 08:47 26 Jan 2007

thanks for the audacity programme,but it seems to complex to use."no pause between tracks "is on nero,and when selected,still leaves a gap.thats what i meant.i havent got "leave gap enabled" anywhere.its only nero which offers that option,but isnt working with these mix cds for some reason.audacity programme looks fantastic.but too advanced for me.

AB's 19:38 27 Jan 2007

audacity is not hard to use, if you open the track and zoom in a couple of clicks you will see the silence break in the mix, click on the start of the track an drag the cursor all the way up to the silence break, goto file in top left corner and scroll down to export selection as mp3 name it track 1 or name it if you know the track name, you can cut that section with the cut and paste selection if you wish [if find this easier in long mixes so as to not get lost in where ive just cut]when youve exported the whole mix just closing audacity choosing not to save changes if you want to keep the original mix copy. and thats it, it really is a simple programme to use, maybe you could have a fiddle around with an old mp3 first just to get the feel of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?