Non-proprietary Inks

Yimbo 12:36 20 Sep 2010

I'm needing to replace the inks in my Canon Pixma iP4700 printer. Canon's inks seem very expensive. How good/ reliable are other "compatible" inks? Any recommendations?

spuds 15:28 20 Sep 2010

I have and have had a number of various printers, and have been using compatibles for years, and in all that time only ever had one problem due to leakage.

I also use CISS on some of the printers, which make life much cheaper and better.

There are a number of outlets like Choice Stationary, JTR Direct who offer compatibles, but it does pay to shop around. I even buy through eBay, but check the sellers feedback first.

Would mention that the manufacturers may have 'chipped' devices in their products, so make sure the compatible is compatible. Another point, is that some manufacturers state that using other brands of cartridges will invalidate any warranty. Check if the compatible seller as a repair warranty on their products.

james105051 15:36 20 Sep 2010

I use these click here never had a problem.

Ventad 15:38 20 Sep 2010

I use PrintCartridgeDirect I have a canon ip6600D and had no problem they have an offer at the moment they are chipped so you just put them straight in. But do check others sites as spuds says the offer might not be as good as other sites normal rates.

chub_tor 15:46 20 Sep 2010

I currently have an MP610 having previously had several other Canon printers and multifunctionals. Over the past year I have been getting most of my compatible inks from Inkredible click here and I can find no difference apart from price between their chipped cartidges and the Canon originals. Photos are correctly coloured and the images are sharp. I have also bought from Choice click here and IJT click here again with no loss in quality. With such a range of suppliers I tend to wait to see who has the best special offer and buy on price.

Yimbo 17:00 20 Sep 2010

Thank you all for your responses! You've given me plenty of choice! I appreciate your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?