Non Epson Ink Nag

busybaz 11:50 20 Sep 2006

Using non-Epson cartridges in a Stylus D68. Every time print is requested, screen appears beginning "It has been detected that your printer is not using genuine Epson ink".

Does not prevent printing, just have to select Continue, but still a bit of a bore.

Any advice on how to get rid of the nag?

Regards
busybaz

Gongoozler 12:01 20 Sep 2006

I get this message when I fit a new cartridge in my Photo R220, but after that it goes away. See if there are new drivers available for your printer, if there are they may behave differently.
I get my cartridges from Choice Stationery click here, I don't know if that makes any difference.

busybaz 17:33 30 Oct 2006

Out of ideas, nag still there, closing thread

thms 18:20 30 Oct 2006

Turn of the status monitor and this will stop the nag screen.

Only thing is you will lose your ink level monitor as well.

bluto1 23:01 30 Oct 2006

If you get to read this, next time you get in touch with Choice, phone them and ask for a Zapper. This handy little tool makes your compatible and refilled cartridges a little more compatible with your Epson printer.

busybaz 10:46 02 Dec 2006

Recently decided to format & rebuild (couldn't decide if it was virus or corrupted registry). Re-installed printer by just adding driver when hardware detected rather than following Epson insstall procedure. No more nag. Probably the same effect as suggestion above from thms?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017