Nokia 3310 Operator Graphic Removal?

quaggydog 09:33 06 Mar 2006

I have a Nokia 3310 which I bought a couple of years back with a Virgin Mobile PAYG SIM card. I have just switched to easyMobile PAYG and have successfully unlocked the phone from Virgin based on the codes that they sent me. However, the phone itself is still displaying "Virgin Mobile" text as an operator "graphic" at the top of the screen rather than the actual service provider (easyMobile). Does anyone know how to remove this?

(btw: easyMobile seems very good value as long as you don't mind auto-topping-up from yr debit card)

dms05 13:41 06 Mar 2006

I don't think you can on older handsets like the 3310. Mine still shows the same Virgin graphic and I've been unable to change it. You'd have more luck with a recent handset.

yabadabado 13:43 06 Mar 2006

Send a new logo to the phone, if you got a data cable, use something like logomanager to upload a new one, or i remember it having an option to restore the original.

Stuartli 13:49 06 Mar 2006

I have a Nokia 3310 given to me by my daughter who was on 02 at the time.

All I did was swap my Virgin PAYG SIM card from a Philips Savvy to the 3310, reconfigure it to the Nokia menu's requirements and away I went.

The basic display merely shows several Smileys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?