Noisy PC!...Please Help!!!

SAH 14:49 11 Oct 2009

Hello,

I've got an Evesham Evolution Desktop, it's about 7 years old and it's becoming increasingly noisy so I bought some soundproofing mats for it to sit on which has helped a bit and I've also changed to a fanless graphics card. This just leaves the PSU and the CPU cooler I've been told that QuietPC.com are good but also recommended to me are the Antec 430W Low Noise PSU and the Scythe Shuriken Low Profile CPU Cooler, can anyone advise me on this please?

Many Thanks

Fingees 15:57 11 Oct 2009

I can't really help, but would seriously suggest that if it is seven years old, it's so dated it's hardly worth spending any money on.

Computers now have so improved, and dropped in price.
I would say have a look round for a new one.

All the best.

ambra4 16:14 11 Oct 2009

“It's about 7 years old and it's becoming increasingly noisy”

It don’t make sense to me to spend £80 just to reduce the noise of the computer fans

With a 7-year-old computer the CPU, Case, & PSU fan needs to be replaced or removed cleaned

and oiled

Scythe Shuriken Rev.B Quiet Low Profile CPU Cooler

click here

Antec 430w 80mm Low Noise PSU

click here

citadel 18:34 11 Oct 2009

you cant go wrong with a quality psu it will be efficient and quiet plus you could move it to a new pc if you wanted.

SAH 13:09 12 Oct 2009

Thanks for the advice everyone!....not really got the money to buy a new one, think I'll just opt for replacing the PSU and CPU and the 2 above look quite good...

nufc2009 14:55 13 Oct 2009

i would off put up with the noise, save some money up and buy a new pc, or buy the parts cheaper individually and build it yourself/get some to fix it up for you.

SAH 22:23 15 Feb 2010

I recently fitted a Xilence P4 Pro Socket 478 CPU Cooler as my existing cooler was quite noisy and as the space was limited on my motherboard this was the only alternative:

click here

Unfortunately this cooler seems just as noisy if not worse than my old one, is there an alternative cooler that may fit my motherboard, which is an ASUSTeK P4B533-V

The only other possible solution I was considering was to just change the fan on the CPU Cooler as it looks as though it can be removed seperately and to replace it with a quieter one if that would be possible???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone