Noisy PC !!

chriscross72 21:03 01 Jul 2004

My pc is quite noisy....there is no fault with it and it s not over heating-the Athlon XP1700 runs at about 107f according to SiSoftware analysis
I believe it is just the power supply and processor fans that are making all the racket
Are there any really quiet -and cheap- fans that anyone could recommend to replace the noisy ones with ?
Thank you : ))

VoG II 21:04 01 Jul 2004

Have a look at click here

johnsims 21:09 01 Jul 2004

Can totally confirm Vogs suggestion re quietpc.com I purchased a quiet power supply from them and a flower cooler for my Athlon 1800+ and now I have to look under the desk to see that the light is on. It's virtually silent, but note I do not have a powerful modern graphics card with a fan, nor a specific northbridge fan. Not cheap, but when you work at it all day in a home office, well worth the money.

Gongoozler 21:32 01 Jul 2004

I use the Arctic Cooling Copper Silent 2 Tc click here, which at £8.44 inc VAT is very reasonably priced. It is quite a big heatsink, but should fit any ATX compliant motherboard.

For a quiet power supply, you really need to get one with a large diameter cooling fan. You can find these at Quietpc from VoG™s link, or from Maplin click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?